Bakersfield Speedway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bakersfield Speedway

The West's Fastest 1/3 Mile High Banked Clay Oval

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

'95 Saturn

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
neal_34
Spectator
Spectator

'95 Saturn Empty
PostSubject: '95 Saturn   '95 Saturn EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 7:25 pm

Hi Mini Stock fans,
I'm just wondering how strict the rules are at Bakersfield Speedway these days. I know the rules are '94 and older, but if I showed up with a built and ready to race '95 Saturn, would I be turned away? A '95 is identical to the models for the five years before. And, before I start building, is there any other rule I'm missing in the rulebook that would exclude a '95 Saturn from being raced. And, if I built the Saturn to Ventura specs, could it be raced at Bakersfield or vice versa? My old road car is tiring out, but I think it would make a fine mini stock. Ain't gonna win nothin' with it, but it would be fun to drive. I haven't raced for 22 years and I miss it bad. Too bad the track I'm closest to (SMS) doesn't allow front wheel drive. Yet. But, Bakersfield was the track I raced on a few times as a kid and it is where my cousin races sometimes today, so I'd love to be able to run there again a few times. Can't get it out of my blood, even after all this time. So, any info or help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
JB4
Crew
Crew

'95 Saturn Empty
PostSubject: 95 saturn   '95 Saturn EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 12:22 am

hey neal,

i don't know much about the bako stuff but down here in ventura our rule is 95 and older so you would be ok down here

JB
Back to top Go down
nomad34
Spectator
Spectator

'95 Saturn Empty
PostSubject: Re: '95 Saturn   '95 Saturn EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 10:09 pm

[quote="neal_34"]Hi Mini Stock fans,
I'm just wondering how strict the rules are at Bakersfield Speedway these days. I know the rules are '94 and older, but if I showed up with a built and ready to race '95 Saturn, would I be turned away? A '95 is identical to the models for the five years before. And, before I start building, is there any other rule I'm missing in the rulebook that would exclude a '95 Saturn from being raced. And, if I built the Saturn to Ventura specs, could it be raced at Bakersfield or vice versa? My old road car is tiring out, but I think it would make a fine mini stock. Ain't gonna win nothin' with it, but it would be fun to drive. I haven't raced for 22 years and I miss it bad. Too bad the track I'm closest to (SMS) doesn't allow front wheel drive. Yet. But, Bakersfield was the track I raced on a few times as a kid and it is where my cousin races sometimes today, so I'd love to be able to run there again a few times. Can't get it out of my blood, even after all this time. So, any info or help would be appreciated. Thanks![/quo

94 or older, thats the rules
Back to top Go down
neal_34
Spectator
Spectator

'95 Saturn Empty
PostSubject: '95 Saturn   '95 Saturn EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 5:37 pm

So, that makes me think of something else I was wondering. Why is the cutoff '94? Is it just because it is 15 years? Will it change next year? Or, is there something about cars newer than '94 that make them less fair to race, harder to inspect, more competitive, less safe or what? Or, is it just that '94 was arbitrarily chosen. I've been wondering that about a few different tracks. Some have 1990, some have '95, Bakes has '94. Just curious if there is a specific reason. Is there a Speedway official that can answer that? I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
ps - I know this isn't really a travelling class, but it seems like it would be kinda cool if there were a way tracks could kind get close on their rules for various classes. When SMS finally allows FWD cars in the next year or two, it might be fun if SMS, Bakes, Ventura all had similar rules so you could go run one of those other tracks once in a awhile. Get a little central Cali rivalry goin'. Go see how you stack up against the best in other towns now and then. I know this is all entry level and for fun, but I'm just sayin'...

one more ps - Are there any other tracks nearby (2 to 3 hours) that have a good program? Any others that race minis? Been out of the game for a while and only going to SMS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

'95 Saturn Empty
PostSubject: Re: '95 Saturn   '95 Saturn Empty

Back to top Go down

'95 Saturn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bakersfield Speedway :: Division Specific :: AIRCO Mini Stocks-
Jump to: