Bakersfield Speedway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bakersfield Speedway

The West's Fastest 1/3 Mile High Banked Clay Oval

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ric
Crew
Crew
Ric

Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th Empty
PostSubject: Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th   Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 3:50 pm

I just talked to Chris Kearns @ SMS and the Mini Dwarf track is being finalized as I type.

So my question is: WHO IS THINKING ABOUT GOING TO SANTA MARIA ON JULY 4th???

Ric Garofalo
Mini Dwarf #25
Back to top Go down
http://www.kameronthebull.com
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin
AaronStewart

PostSubject: Re: Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th   Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 5:32 pm

I wish I knew about this before Saturday so we could have advertised at the track to get the info out there-- Mini Dwarfs arent running this weekend so the information will havta pretty much be spread via the parents here.
Back to top Go down
https://bakersfieldspeedway.forumotion.com
SNOOPY2299
Crew
Crew
SNOOPY2299

PostSubject: MINI DRAWF   Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 6:06 pm

AaronStewart wrote:
I wish I knew about this before Saturday so we could have advertised at the track to get the info out there-- Mini Dwarfs arent running this weekend so the information will havta pretty much be spread via the parents here.

Been on the schedule since at least Feb 24 that was when I printed out my copy of the schedule.

Dawn
Back to top Go down
Ric
Crew
Crew
Ric

PostSubject: Re: Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th   Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 4:02 pm

It has not been on the BFL SPDWY schedule since February. But it has been on the Santa Maria Speedway schedule since then.
Same situation like the Western States Nationals at Hanford last month - Word of mouth in the beginning, then becomes common knowledge by everyone in the division.

www.racesantamariaspeedway.com

Back Story: (I talked with Chris in Feb./Mar and this is what he told me)
Since Chris Kearns took over SMS it was decided to start a MINI DWARF division in 2010.
They would have 2 MINI DWARF races at SMS in 2009 to show the fans what it was like and gain interest.
They basically copied BFL MINI DWARF's rules, BFL & some Ventura guys could run there on off nights.
Give it a year of two - And we will have a 3 track traveling MINI DWARF series. (BFL - SMS - VRA)

SMS dates:
Saturday July 4th & Sunday September 6th

Ric Garofalo
Mini #25

Last edited by Ric on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SNOOPY2299
Crew
Crew
SNOOPY2299

PostSubject: mini   Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 4:10 pm

I was talking about it being on the SMS schedule. Both of those dates have been on the schedule.
Back to top Go down
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin
AaronStewart

PostSubject: Re: Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th   Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 4:26 pm

Well, no one told me. Wink

Believe it or not, I don't look at other tracks schedules.
Back to top Go down
https://bakersfieldspeedway.forumotion.com
LEWIS RACING #55
Spectator
Spectator
LEWIS RACING #55

PostSubject: Re: Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th   Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 11:48 pm

The 55 of Matt Lewis & I'm pretty sure the 26 of Fast Lane will be there.
Back to top Go down
Ric
Crew
Crew
Ric

PostSubject: Re: Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th   Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 12:06 pm

My car is supposed to be ready for that race. So I hope alot of MINI's can make it.
Back to top Go down
DLM
Crew
Crew
DLM

PostSubject: Re: Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th   Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 3:42 pm

The 29 & 92 will be going , and possibly the 33.
Back to top Go down
DLM
Crew
Crew
DLM

PostSubject: pitting   Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 2:16 am

The mini dwarfs will not be allowed to pit out of their trailers. I emailed Chris an that was his reply. So us that have trailers we might need a cart of some kind. Chris said we will have are own desinated area.
Back to top Go down
Ric
Crew
Crew
Ric

PostSubject: Re: Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th   Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:25 pm

Thanks for the info - Did you find out anything else ???

Driver Cost ?
Crew/Parent Cost ?
Do we need to be SMS members to race ?
How big is the track ?

Ric
Back to top Go down
DLM
Crew
Crew
DLM

PostSubject: Re: Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th   Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 2:52 pm

The price is the same as the Bakersfield Speedway. Not sure about the membership he didn't say when I ask what the cost was. I was told by another dwarf owner that had talk to Chris an he was told the track would be about the same as Bakersfield. There is a picture on Latemodel race.com. The track looked real nice.

We will have a little pratice time. We will have our own area roped off an it will be on the outside of the track not in the infield. When kids are done racing we will be able to leave.

Last edited by DLM on Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing error)
Back to top Go down
Ric
Crew
Crew
Ric

PostSubject: Re: Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th   Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 1:33 am

Driver = FREE
Crew/Parent = $35.00
No SMS membership required to race
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th   Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th Empty

Back to top Go down

Mini Dwarfs @ Santa Maria Speedway JULY 4th
Page 1 of 1