Bakersfield Speedway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bakersfield Speedway

The West's Fastest 1/3 Mile High Banked Clay Oval

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Modified Mini

Go down 
+3
G&M motorsports
PMS RACING
C Rocket
7 posters
AuthorMessage
C Rocket
Crew
Crew

Modified Mini Empty
PostSubject: Modified Mini   Modified Mini EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 7:18 pm

With all this talk of cheating in the mini class why not start a new class "Modified Mini". Front wheel drive or rear, 2200lbs, adj. coil over struts, racing tires, racing fuel, etc. As far as the motors any 4cyl. allowed no superchargers turbos or nos. Most of the competive cars in the mini class are almost there anyway. For the budget racer mini STOCK for the cheaters mini MODIFIED Idea
Back to top Go down
PMS RACING
Veteran
Veteran
PMS RACING

Modified Mini Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modified Mini   Modified Mini EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 8:02 pm

Sounds like fun!
Back to top Go down
http://altecauto.com
G&M motorsports
Crew
Crew
G&M motorsports

Modified Mini Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modified Mini   Modified Mini EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:13 am

Modified mini's would be fun but the car count in Bakersfield for the mini last year was low....I really don't think that the track could pull a change like that off with out a lot more people getting into a race car...... Damn economy but, i like the thought ....
Back to top Go down
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin
AaronStewart

Modified Mini Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modified Mini   Modified Mini EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:30 am

They had a modified mini class one year and never got over 10 cars...
Back to top Go down
https://bakersfieldspeedway.forumotion.com
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

Modified Mini Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modified Mini   Modified Mini EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:37 pm

The problem with the modified concept is that people consider their cars stock now. When I saw the mini stocks solidly compete with the modified stocks, I knew I was in the wrong class. People want to win, they build cars to win. why run a modified class, when you can call your car stock and win in the stock class? the answer to the modified stock and strictly stock delema is to put a claim rule in the strictly stock class. If you want to run a strictly stock class put a claim on the whole car. $800.00 and your car gets you any car you want, If you have run 5 races with the track and the car you are claiming has also run 5 races. Only the top three cars are claimable per night. Modified stock would have no claim rule.
Back to top Go down
dojo
Veteran
Veteran

Modified Mini Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modified Mini   Modified Mini EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:00 pm

Look how many different winners there were last year. Lot's of different competitive cars. Get busy, do your homework, burn the midnite oil, work seven day's a week, learn from your mistake's,most of all, keep your fingers crossed, stop crying and go racing!! See ya all in March.
Back to top Go down
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

Modified Mini Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modified Mini   Modified Mini EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 2:24 am

I'm not crying. I understood what was and is necessary to be competitive. It would be nice, however, if stock meant something. I am building something that should be competitive out there, but I am going to take my time and do it right. I am also going to operate in the spirit of the rules not just the letter of the law. When I'm done it will have 190 horses and should be at least close to the preludes and integras that are running out there. It will also be bone stock. I might not lock the front end to see how it works without it first.
The point that is trying to be made is that there are a lot of guys that used to run but don't now because they can not be competitive. The cost got prohibitive. It would be "nice" if there was a class for the guys that run less than 150 horses. Maybe half the field wouldn't be dead after 20 laps.
Back to top Go down
dojo
Veteran
Veteran

Modified Mini Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modified Mini   Modified Mini EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 5:43 pm

romans81racing wrote:
I'm not crying. I understood what was and is necessary to be competitive. It would be nice, however, if stock meant something. I am building something that should be competitive out there, but I am going to take my time and do it right. I am also going to operate in the spirit of the rules not just the letter of the law. When I'm done it will have 190 horses and should be at least close to the preludes and integras that are running out there. It will also be bone stock. I might not lock the front end to see how it works without it first.
The point that is trying to be made is that there are a lot of guys that used to run but don't now because they can not be competitive. The cost got prohibitive. It would be "nice" if there was a class for the guys that run less than 150 horses. Maybe half the field wouldn't be dead after 20 laps.

How ya gonna pull 190 HP out of a stock motor??
Back to top Go down
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

Modified Mini Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modified Mini   Modified Mini EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 7:35 pm

1991 olds 442 with a quad 4
Back to top Go down
dojo
Veteran
Veteran

Modified Mini Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modified Mini   Modified Mini EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 9:48 pm

romans81racing wrote:
1991 olds 442 with a quad 4

OH, OK, sounds fast, can't wait to see it go.
Back to top Go down
C Rocket
Crew
Crew

Modified Mini Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modified Mini   Modified Mini EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 10:02 pm

Wow 190 HP go American muscle!! I wonder if you will be able to get the power to the ground on narrow stock tires. There was times last year in my bone stock 92 HP 1.5 litre civic that I could feel the tires spinning in the straight. Might have been my set up though, seems like the cars that had more power did'nt have any problem. Good luck would be nice to see a US made car up front.
Back to top Go down
Racing96Fan
Crew
Crew

Modified Mini Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modified Mini   Modified Mini EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 10:19 pm

I know where you can get one race ready... very stout motors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Modified Mini Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modified Mini   Modified Mini Empty

Back to top Go down

Modified Mini
Page 1 of 1