Bakersfield Speedway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bakersfield Speedway

The West's Fastest 1/3 Mile High Banked Clay Oval

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Claiming motors ????

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
G&M motorsports
Crew
Crew
G&M motorsports

Claiming motors ???? Empty
PostSubject: Claiming motors ????   Claiming motors ???? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 12:48 am

The Question is can you still claim motors for $500.00 if so i think i could get a hell of a deal on some real good motors... since for the most part the officials that tech the cars don't know what they are looking at under the hood and if they do they are not doing any thing to stop all the aftermarket performance!!! ( horsepower ) no one should have more than that amount of money in their motor unless they have done a complete top to bottom rebuild with OEM parts and machine work!!!!! so for anyone who knows the answer to the question hit me back
Back to top Go down
dojo
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Claiming motors ????   Claiming motors ???? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 8:23 pm

You can alway's become a Tech , might be harder than you think. They do a great job. They are not dummies, in fact a few DQ's last year.
Back to top Go down
woodracing35
Crew
Crew

PostSubject: Re: Claiming motors ????   Claiming motors ???? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 9:05 pm

your forgetting that its not all motor to its most likely the computers to
Back to top Go down
PMS RACING
Veteran
Veteran
PMS RACING

PostSubject: Re: Claiming motors ????   Claiming motors ???? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:51 pm

just bought a used f22 engine for our honda, we couldn't find one for under $500......... and thats not counting what we have to spend to freshen it up (ie; rings / gaskets machine work)
Back to top Go down
http://altecauto.com
G&M motorsports
Crew
Crew
G&M motorsports

PostSubject: Re: Claiming motors ????   Claiming motors ???? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:30 am

In no way was my question to offend any officials, there are times where I cannot tell the difference between aftermarket and stock too. I am not here to point fingers at anyone. Just looking to find out if motors can be claimed or not as well as if it will only be $500 or not. I have also been working hard on an F22A1 motor and know that it costs more the $500 to build a stock motor. As for DQ's for last season the only ones I know of were for being too light. I didn't hear of any for having aftermarket parts and I might be wrong, anyone can correct me if they know of any other DQ's besides for weight.
Back to top Go down
PMS RACING
Veteran
Veteran
PMS RACING

PostSubject: Re: Claiming motors ????   Claiming motors ???? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 2:49 pm

woodracing35 wrote:

not much you can do with reprogaming an ecu... unless you plan on trying to run a vtec engine... (an obvious dq) the trick is knowing at what rpm your peak horspower comes in at and geting your car to run at that rpm., knowing how to set up suspension/handling on a front wheel drive, and maximizing the ackerman effect on your steering...........
Back to top Go down
dojo
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Claiming motors ????   Claiming motors ???? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:05 pm

PMS RACING wrote:
woodracing35 wrote:

not much you can do with reprogaming an ecu... unless you plan on trying to run a vtec engine... (an obvious dq) the trick is knowing at what rpm your peak horspower comes in at and geting your car to run at that rpm., knowing how to set up suspension/handling on a front wheel drive, and maximizing the ackerman effect on your steering...........

ackerman??? Hey Tim, I think I dated a ackerman girl in high school!! You are right on, do your home work, right??
Back to top Go down
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Claiming motors ????   Claiming motors ???? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 2:41 am

ECU's have been being modified for a long time. only a couple of years had ecu's that had the high RPM's that we hear at the track. the other option is to reprogram that most people used to pay $400.00 for. Most fast racers figured this out a couple of years ago. Having an ECU from another year to me is not in the spirit of the rules. Reprograming the ECU's is also not in the spirit of the rules. However, who's going to catch that anyway. Bottom line racing has been pretty good at the track when I've seen it. Hard to change something that is crowd pleasing.
Motors are going to get tougher and tougher to find I mentioned this a couple of years ago. They weren't designed for the RPM's that they are being given. If they were stock they could go for a long time on one rebuild. But ...
Back to top Go down
G&M motorsports
Crew
Crew
G&M motorsports

PostSubject: Re: Claiming motors ????   Claiming motors ???? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 2:23 pm

dojo wrote:
PMS RACING wrote:
woodracing35 wrote:

ackerman??? Hey Tim, I think I dated a ackerman girl in high school!! You are right on, do your home work, right??

So what your saying is that everyone need to find a dynamometer or "dyno" for short, a device for measuring force, moment of force (torque), or power. For example, the power produced by an engine, motor or other rotating prime mover can be calculated by simultaneously measuring torque and rotational speed (rpm). to find out where the max power is right?????? maybe I can use yours and what will cost$$$$$
Back to top Go down
PMS RACING
Veteran
Veteran
PMS RACING

PostSubject: Re: Claiming motors ????   Claiming motors ???? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:04 pm

[quote=So what your saying is that everyone need to find a dynamometer or "dyno" for short, a device for measuring force, moment of force (torque), or power. For example, the power produced by an engine, motor or other rotating prime mover can be calculated by simultaneously measuring torque and rotational speed (rpm). to find out where the max power is right?????? maybe I can use yours and what will cost$$$$$[/quote]

right.... Straight out of Wikipedia...? The only way to check horsepower or torque is on a dyno... Any Smog
shop in Bakersfield has one and charges $40 and up......
Back to top Go down
PMS RACING
Veteran
Veteran
PMS RACING

PostSubject: Re: Claiming motors ????   Claiming motors ???? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:09 pm

[quote="dojo"]
DOJO wrote:

HAY YOU KNEW HER............. ME TOO!!
Back to top Go down
PMS RACING
Veteran
Veteran
PMS RACING

PostSubject: Re: Claiming motors ????   Claiming motors ???? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:18 pm

romans81racing wrote:
ECU's have been being modified for a long time. only a couple of years had ecu's that had the high RPM's that we hear at the track. the other option is to reprogram that most people used to pay $400.00 for. Most fast racers figured this out a couple of years ago. Having an ECU from another year to me is not in the spirit of the rules. Reprograming the ECU's is also not in the spirit of the rules. However, who's going to catch that anyway. Bottom line racing has been pretty good at the track when I've seen it. Hard to change something that is crowd pleasing.
Motors are going to get tougher and tougher to find I mentioned this a couple of years ago. They weren't designed for the RPM's that they are being given. If they were stock they could go for a long time on one rebuild. But ...

I'VE SAID IT BEFORE AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN..... I'LL SWAP MY ECM WITH ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BRING ME A STOCK REPLACEMENT...........
If your peak horsepower/torqe is at 5000rpm..... why would you want the rev limit to hit 7000...? Would shorten the life of the engine.....
Back to top Go down
G&M motorsports
Crew
Crew
G&M motorsports

PostSubject: Re: Claiming motors ????   Claiming motors ???? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Wikipedia is great... Any smog shop cool i known someone thanks, and I have a stock pt3 ecu for you to tryout..that's if your running the f22A1 motor is your accord two door or four ???
Back to top Go down
PMS RACING
Veteran
Veteran
PMS RACING

PostSubject: Re: Claiming motors ????   Claiming motors ???? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:47 pm

91 accord 4dr.... 2.2l man trans
Back to top Go down
PMS RACING
Veteran
Veteran
PMS RACING

PostSubject: Re: Claiming motors ????   Claiming motors ???? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:48 pm

Claiming motors ???? IMG_0025

wow.... cant beleave I missed anouther photo shoot!
Back to top Go down
G&M motorsports
Crew
Crew
G&M motorsports

PostSubject: Re: Claiming motors ????   Claiming motors ???? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 7:29 pm

I was not sure about the car being two or four door it looks like it could be a two door it was fast last year!!!!
I'm loving the pic wish I was in it too....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Claiming motors ????   Claiming motors ???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Claiming motors ????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bakersfield Speedway :: Division Specific :: AIRCO Mini Stocks-
Jump to: