Bakersfield Speedway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bakersfield Speedway

The West's Fastest 1/3 Mile High Banked Clay Oval

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

front wheel or rear wheel drive?

Go down 
+3
Jones76
Minigura27
newman101
7 posters
AuthorMessage
newman101
Rookie
Rookie

front wheel or rear wheel drive? Empty
PostSubject: front wheel or rear wheel drive?   front wheel or rear wheel drive? EmptySat May 08, 2010 3:55 am

the way i see it rear wheel drives have no chance is the dominating class of front wheel drives no traction , no speed, no chanceee!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Minigura27
Crew
Crew

PostSubject: front wheel drive or rear wheel drive   front wheel or rear wheel drive? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:50 am

Now i wouldnt say that they dont stand a chance any car can be beat if everything goes right.It just seems us poor RWD guys are a little behind the eight ball right now but we will catch up soon.I hope.LOL
Back to top Go down
Jones76
Crew
Crew
Jones76

PostSubject: Re: front wheel or rear wheel drive?   front wheel or rear wheel drive? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:42 am

RWD do stand chance. it's just a hard road. A fwd you can pretty much take it off the street put a cage and fuel cell in it and be in the top five. Where a rwd you have work on the chassis a lot more. Look at the 82 or our 76. Two fast rwd cars.
Back to top Go down
tony55k
Spectator
Spectator

PostSubject: idea   front wheel or rear wheel drive? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:42 pm

what if a guy were to put a transfercase on a mini-stock pickup, that alone would put me in the top 5 every time. i think that would even the playing field against your rice rockets.
Back to top Go down
dojo
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: front wheel or rear wheel drive?   front wheel or rear wheel drive? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:47 am

Jones76 wrote:
RWD do stand chance. it's just a hard road. A fwd you can pretty much take it off the street put a cage and fuel cell in it and be in the top five. Where a rwd you have work on the chassis a lot more. Look at the 82 or our 76. Two fast rwd cars.

Well, if you gotta work on the chassis alot more on a rwd, wouldn't it be easier to buy a fwd off the street, put a cage and a cell in it and be in the top 5 every race?? Seems like alot less work to me Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jones76
Crew
Crew
Jones76

PostSubject: Re: front wheel or rear wheel drive?   front wheel or rear wheel drive? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:15 am

Some of us love a good challenge LOL!!
Back to top Go down
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: front wheel or rear wheel drive?   front wheel or rear wheel drive? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:38 pm

the only time the rear wheel drivers have come close is when they put cams in them. Its not legal but it does even up the playing field. I think that they should let them run the cams. The rear wheen drive base motors don't compare horsepower wise (none of them). I'm not intelligent enough to understand set-ups yet, but the cars are supposed to remain stock. The only allowance was on the right front camber for front wheel drives.
Back to top Go down
Jones76
Crew
Crew
Jones76

PostSubject: Re: front wheel or rear wheel drive?   front wheel or rear wheel drive? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:38 pm

Move lead around and adj. tire pressures.
Back to top Go down
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin
AaronStewart

PostSubject: Re: front wheel or rear wheel drive?   front wheel or rear wheel drive? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:47 pm

I had a RWD that competed with and beat the FWDs. So you gotta find the right car and know what to do with it.

front wheel or rear wheel drive? 37sig
Back to top Go down
https://bakersfieldspeedway.forumotion.com
Minigura27
Crew
Crew

PostSubject: Re: front wheel or rear wheel drive?   front wheel or rear wheel drive? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:48 pm

I know that I came over with a pinto a few years back and won.It was tough but I did it.
Back to top Go down
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin
AaronStewart

PostSubject: Re: front wheel or rear wheel drive?   front wheel or rear wheel drive? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 2:32 am

I think that was the season when people were just starting to figure things out, Mike. 2005 was just the second season of Minis at modern Bakersfield Speedway. the #8 Pinto and #4 Toyota were dominant cars the first season, the second season there were some RWD cars that could keep up but it slowly started to turn as the #19 Honda began to dominate and people realized what was the fast car. The SMS guys who had years of experience with their RWD cars could still come over and lay down a beating, but the further we got along the wiser the Honda guys got and figured out to get their cars to the point where the older cars couldnt keep up.

I dont think its so much FWD v RWD, I think its more a case that the older cars are all RWD, and only a few newer RWD cars are around (like the 240sx) so a lot of people just consider all the newer cars to be the FWDs. They got all kinds of fancy things in them that make them better-- so its just a case of finding a newer age car rather than gonig with the 1970s fords and toyotas.
Back to top Go down
https://bakersfieldspeedway.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: front wheel or rear wheel drive?   front wheel or rear wheel drive? Empty

Back to top Go down

front wheel or rear wheel drive?
Page 1 of 1