Bakersfield Speedway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bakersfield Speedway

The West's Fastest 1/3 Mile High Banked Clay Oval

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

how can we even the playing field?

Go down 
+3
pilatt4
dojo
tony55k
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tony55k
Spectator
Spectator

how can we even the playing field? Empty
PostSubject: how can we even the playing field?   how can we even the playing field? EmptySat May 08, 2010 4:07 pm

you all know that front wheel drives dominate the rear wheel. so what could i do to my s10 to keep up with, and be competitive with these honda's and acura's? ( besides getting a fwd )

on a seperate note, i do have a 89 CRX, but i don't have time to build it. i would like to sell it, for racing only. $400.00, you can call me at (559) 804-1590 Tony
Back to top Go down
dojo
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: how can we even the playing field?   how can we even the playing field? EmptySat May 08, 2010 6:23 pm

Sorry, but I can think of nothing you can do to make a S10 keep up with a Acura Integra. Impossible in my opinion. You don't have to win, just keep racing for fun!! Are you having fun??? If you are, well, keep racing.
Back to top Go down
pilatt4
Crew
Crew
pilatt4

PostSubject: Re: how can we even the playing field?   how can we even the playing field? EmptySun May 09, 2010 11:51 am

I drive an 1992 s10 v6 2.8 work truck , and It wouldn't stand a chance against my car in a drag race. I would talk to hobby stock drivers about adjusting your setup i.e. adjusting your toe, tire pressures, locking your rear end, adjusting camber on your front tires.. Talk to Johnny wood in the AM-stocks, he had a pickup that would lift its front wheel going in the turns.. And i think he won at SMS in it. As long as it feels fast and your having a good time then go with it.
Back to top Go down
Minigura27
Crew
Crew

PostSubject: Re: how can we even the playing field?   how can we even the playing field? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:58 am

Sorry to burst your bubble Mike P.But I cant think of a truck ever winning in Santa Maria.But to level the playing field i would suggest a 50# block of lead be added to the right front for each main event win.I know they tried it in past but the driver got to put it where they wanted it so it didn't do what they had hoped it's just a thought.Mike W .SMS mini#27
Back to top Go down
pilatt4
Crew
Crew
pilatt4

PostSubject: Re: how can we even the playing field?   how can we even the playing field? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:16 pm

Help, give me something sharp. I cant get out of this bubble. LOL If i was wrong about SMS then it was at Victorville. Either way trucks are not the way to go. The 50lb weight thing would probably only work if the same guy won week to week. IF you have five people up for grabs, that weight is not gonna help untill 3 seasons in.
Back to top Go down
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin
AaronStewart

PostSubject: Re: how can we even the playing field?   how can we even the playing field? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:50 pm

Johnny Wood won at Victorville with his truck.

Clint Duncan won at Bakersfield with his truck.

Those are the only two i know of.
Back to top Go down
https://bakersfieldspeedway.forumotion.com
WOOD_21
Rookie
Rookie
WOOD_21

PostSubject: Re: how can we even the playing field?   how can we even the playing field? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:57 pm

STEVE ROAK WON AT BAKO IN A DATSUN PICK UP
Back to top Go down
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin
AaronStewart

PostSubject: Re: how can we even the playing field?   how can we even the playing field? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:20 pm

Okay-- I dont remember Steve Roark winning a race-- is that when the top-4 all got DQ'd?
Back to top Go down
https://bakersfieldspeedway.forumotion.com
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: how can we even the playing field?   how can we even the playing field? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:40 pm

I don't know this, but I think that both Wood and Duncan were using Cams. Might be worth asking them.
Back to top Go down
Minigura27
Crew
Crew

PostSubject: Even playing feild   how can we even the playing field? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:44 pm

I hope they were usings cams.Car wont run without one LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how can we even the playing field?   how can we even the playing field? Empty

Back to top Go down

how can we even the playing field?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bakersfield Speedway :: Division Specific :: AIRCO Mini Stocks-
Jump to: