Bakersfield Speedway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bakersfield Speedway

The West's Fastest 1/3 Mile High Banked Clay Oval

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

carbs??? what or whay not can we run???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
randyfrench44
Crew
Crew
randyfrench44

carbs??? what or whay not can we run??? Empty
PostSubject: carbs??? what or whay not can we run???   carbs??? what or whay not can we run??? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:06 pm

just a small question,i run a 2.3 liter ford moter and was needing to know what i can or can not run.I was told i couldnt run a two barrel and on the other hand i was told i could,i have a holley two barrel that would work great but dont want to be dq'ed,if anybody has any imfo on this please let me know......Thanks
Back to top Go down
car49crewcheif
Crew
Crew

PostSubject: Re: carbs??? what or whay not can we run???   carbs??? what or whay not can we run??? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:02 pm

per the rules on the mini stock cars this is what it says:

A. Carburetors must be an OEM type. Subject to tech approval.

which means the car must come with that carb when it was produced. so after market carbs wont be allowed as per the rules
Back to top Go down
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: carbs??? what or whay not can we run???   carbs??? what or whay not can we run??? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:02 am

there have been a lot of carb issues with the pintos and mustangs and the track has been pretty lenient in the past. I would contact the tech number at the track and ask them what they will allow. I'm pretty confident they will allow a 350cfm carb Jeff
Back to top Go down
randyfrench44
Crew
Crew
randyfrench44

PostSubject: Re: carbs??? what or whay not can we run???   carbs??? what or whay not can we run??? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:44 am

hey pastor,how ya doin? didnt see-ya the last race,got tenth and was pretty stoked about it.the carb issue is an issue cause i could do alot better but the moter is starving for fuel and i need to run a bigger carb but dont know what i can run bako specks cause they dont go that deep in the rules with that.i know for a fact that alot of guys out there and not to talk crap or anything are running some heavy stuff just with my own eyes...lol im new to the mini stocks and want to compete but at the same time know what i can and can not do,i know my car can do well cause even back east they say there very popular,the car strong just need some help with some education on the class,thanks jeff Randy french jr. #44
Back to top Go down
randyfrench44
Crew
Crew
randyfrench44

PostSubject: Re: carbs??? what or whay not can we run???   carbs??? what or whay not can we run??? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:05 am

one more thing,subject to tech approval,that is what??? it does not tell me nothing here at home when im tring to make a race and i want to have the car ready and have to worry about tech rules when i dont have any guidelines when it comes to that,i want to win just like anybody else but at the same time want to stay in the guidelines,im not a cheater just a sportsman that likes to race and need a little more info on what i can do carb wise without being dq'd,i dont want to make myself look like a terd cause i would help anybody out there but at the same time i want to be competitive.
Back to top Go down
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: carbs??? what or whay not can we run???   carbs??? what or whay not can we run??? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:21 am

blew my $200.00 motor up in victorville. I'll be back in July or August.

What I am saying is call the tech guy at Bakersfield speedway, The stock carbs for your mustang are a big pain in the neck. Most of the rear wheel drive cars have been allowed to run a non stock carb for years and nothing has been done or said. Of course few of those cars have ended up in tech. Bottom line is the rules are what the track says they are. So talk to the track tech guy by calling the track and ask him what they will allow based on the difficulties with the stock carbs. (pintos only have 80 hp with a stock carb). We both know that most of the rear wheel guys are running cams (thats because they are allowed at other tracks and no one is changing their cam to run bakersfield and again they are not showing up in the tech line). I believe that the RWD cars should be given an exception on the carb and possibly the cam, but the rules are not written that way. That is why I would ask for the exception from the track. jeff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: carbs??? what or whay not can we run???   carbs??? what or whay not can we run??? Empty

Back to top Go down

carbs??? what or whay not can we run???
Page 1 of 1