Bakersfield Speedway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bakersfield Speedway

The West's Fastest 1/3 Mile High Banked Clay Oval

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PARTICIPATION AWARDS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PITMOM
Spectator
Spectator
PITMOM

PARTICIPATION AWARDS Empty
PostSubject: PARTICIPATION AWARDS   PARTICIPATION AWARDS EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 12:27 am

Ok parents lets see what we can put together for the kids. Any ideas for the awards. Participation medals, ribbons, trophies. Do we want to pull our money together and have one person responsible? Lets see what everyones thoughts are. Question
Back to top Go down
johnsonmotorsports99
Veteran
Veteran
johnsonmotorsports99

PostSubject: Re: PARTICIPATION AWARDS   PARTICIPATION AWARDS EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 2:32 am

PITMOM wrote:
Ok parents lets see what we can put together for the kids. Any ideas for the awards. Participation medals, ribbons, trophies. Do we want to pull our money together and have one person responsible? Lets see what everyones thoughts are. Question

IMO scott needs to step up and get all the kids something and a bigger prize for the $2,000+ he is getting the back gate from the parents.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy
Veteran
Veteran
Jimmy

PostSubject: Re: PARTICIPATION AWARDS   PARTICIPATION AWARDS EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 4:04 am

L O L Kevin Did you ever stop and think of how much the ins went up to allow the kids in the pits to race !!!
Back to top Go down
Chad11
Crew
Crew

PostSubject: Re: PARTICIPATION AWARDS   PARTICIPATION AWARDS EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 10:52 am

Jimmy wrote:
L O L Kevin Did you ever stop and think of how much the ins went up to allow the kids in the pits to race !!!

1) us Johnson's aren't known for stopping and thinking.

2) every other division has some sort of payout and I am sure Scott has to pay insurance for those divisions too. If every kid got a $5 plaque it would cost $150. Heck you could probably get ribbons for $10.

3) These kids and parents are putting on a show for Scott. Too often the promoters act as if they are providing a place for racers to race. In reality they are providing a place for race fans to enjoy a show, and should treat it that way.
Back to top Go down
race fan
Spectator
Spectator

PostSubject: participation award   PARTICIPATION AWARDS EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 2:56 pm

I think all the kids racing should get some little something. Maybe a certificate for a hotdog & soda for participating and a small trophy for 1st place and medals for 2nd & 3rd place.....if Bakersfield Speedway is not willing to help w/ this I would be willing as a parent to help w/ the cost. It is actually to Bakersfield Speedway's benefit to give the concession certificate. You send a kid for a hotdog & soda and he'll want candy to! I would think they are not losing money on hotdogs. For the price we spectators pay for one hotdog you can buy a package of them at the store.
Back to top Go down
PITMOM
Spectator
Spectator
PITMOM

PostSubject: Re: PARTICIPATION AWARDS   PARTICIPATION AWARDS EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 11:05 pm

Thank you to all who pitched in. I have enough ribbons for two races ( I hope). I hear Scott will have something very soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PARTICIPATION AWARDS   PARTICIPATION AWARDS Empty

Back to top Go down

PARTICIPATION AWARDS
Page 1 of 1