Bakersfield Speedway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bakersfield Speedway

The West's Fastest 1/3 Mile High Banked Clay Oval

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Building new cars??

Go down 
+4
WOOD_21
romans81racing
PMS RACING
dojo
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dojo
Veteran
Veteran

Building new cars?? Empty
PostSubject: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 11:55 pm

So??? Who's gonna be sporting new Mini Stock's this year?? Who's new up and coming??
Back to top Go down
PMS RACING
Veteran
Veteran
PMS RACING

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:31 pm

same old car..... practicing our left turns
Back to top Go down
http://altecauto.com
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:26 pm

mentioned before, but we are getting a little farther along in the process. We have a 1991 oldsmobile calais coming out in june or july. Cage is in, motor is in shop. I am looking for an 8 gallon fuel cell if anyone has one hanging around. Also looking for a good performance radiator. Jeff M at 310 699-2777 thanks.
Back to top Go down
PMS RACING
Veteran
Veteran
PMS RACING

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:49 pm

YOU NEED TO POST SOME PIC'S OF THAT BABY
Back to top Go down
PMS RACING
Veteran
Veteran
PMS RACING

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:50 pm

WE HAVE A RADIATOR OUT OF A HOBBY.. IF IT'LL WORK
AND A SEAT
Back to top Go down
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 1:01 pm

thanks for caring. I have a seat (might be small for the fat man, but it should work). What dimensions are on the radiator? How much do you want for it? What size are the openings? I think the quad 4 has smaller diameter hoses than a chevy 350. I will try to show some pictures (I'm not very good with a camera though).
Back to top Go down
PMS RACING
Veteran
Veteran
PMS RACING

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 1:16 pm

RADIATORS 19 X 31.... UPPER HOSE IS 1 1/2" .... LOWER IS 1 3/4" ($50)
Back to top Go down
WOOD_21
Rookie
Rookie
WOOD_21

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:27 pm

ARE YOU LOCATED IN BAKO??? IS THERE A NUMBER I CAN REACH YOU AT ABOUT THE RADIATOR???? TO CHECK IT OUT

THANKS
Back to top Go down
PMS RACING
Veteran
Veteran
PMS RACING

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 3:53 pm

ALTEC AUTOMOTIVE 2631 M STREET (DOWNTOWN BAK) 8-5
Back to top Go down
dojo
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 12:06 am

PMS RACING wrote:

Can Al-Tec Automotive install a Hemi in my Acura??? Heard you guy's were the best in town. Laughing
Back to top Go down
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 12:23 am

I am looking for someone that can get rid of all my wiring and relays and still get my car to run. I understand just enough to make me dangerous. I want to run the ecm and fan and fuel pump off two switches and nothing else. jeff at 310 699-2777 thanks
Back to top Go down
dojo
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 12:28 am

Can't be done, too many sensors, keep it the way it is, just hide the wires. They don't weigh much.
Back to top Go down
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:10 am

I'm already on my way. I know that I need the ait, tps, map, ct ,o2 and idi sensors and connections. My issues is the grey wire for my fuel injection is it hot from battery or does it need to be tempered and the connections to the ECM I know where they are but how do they get connected with proper voltages. SOmeone out there knows this stuff.
Back to top Go down
PMS RACING
Veteran
Veteran
PMS RACING

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:34 pm

WHAT KIND OF CAR/ENG WE WORKING ON?
Back to top Go down
PMS RACING
Veteran
Veteran
PMS RACING

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:37 pm

dojo wrote:
PMS RACING wrote:

Can Al-Tec Automotive install a Hemi in my Acura??? Heard you guy's were the best in town. Laughing

NOT A PROBLEM, WE'LLL JUST PUT THE ACURA BODY ON A CUDA FRAME

............. Suspect
Back to top Go down
PMS RACING
Veteran
Veteran
PMS RACING

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:49 pm

I GUESS IF I READ THE PREVIOUS POSTS........

ON A 91 CALAIS......... THE GRAY WIRE TO THE INJECTORS IS YOUR POWER FEED FROM THE
FUEL PUMP RELAY
IF YOU WANT A WIRING DIAGRAM SWING BY AND I'LL MAKE YOU A COPY.... NO CHARGE TO FELLOW RACERS
Back to top Go down
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 7:58 pm

quad 4 1991 olds
Back to top Go down
C Rocket
Crew
Crew

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:10 pm

About 98% with my CRX, just need to finish the fuel can and get my numbers. From what I have heard there will be a good car count for our division. Should be a fun season. Al-tec auto I have never used you personally but I have reccomended you to some co workers just because you are a racer. Good luck everybody we'll see you March 6 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JB4
Crew
Crew

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:47 pm

91 olds Quad4? VERY nice choice.... that thing should haul ass if u ever get the wiring figured out well....
those things scream, seen a few of em run back midwest... they were in the berretta GTZ's ... but a nice choice
JB
Back to top Go down
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:47 am

I had an interesting trip to the junkyard this week. I found a bareeta gtz. This car is kind of cool because it has the ho quad 4, 180 hp. It also has the limited slip transmission. I picked it up for 50% off. I got lucky and the compression is 220 all the way across. I also came across a regular calais. Which got me to thinking. They allowed the intgras to run any motor that was built for the car. Why couldn't someone just build a regular calais like a 442? I may be able to finish my car sooner (april or may) because I'm going to use the HO motor while my other one is being built. I really believe that I have the wiring thing figured out (we'll know when it gets in the car). I had some really cool help from the quad4foum guys amongst others. I understand a lot more about the electronics than I used to. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
C Rocket
Crew
Crew

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 10:48 am

Romans hate to tell you but 180lbs of compression is the max allowed in the minis. I would run the HO motor anyway I have never seen the track test compression. Good luck
Back to top Go down
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:42 am

caught again, that surprises me. It is a stock motor. Maybe my gage isn't very accurate. Is that what everyone is actually running or is the rule a little out of date?
Back to top Go down
PMS RACING
Veteran
Veteran
PMS RACING

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 7:25 pm

nope 180lbs max... and they do check, but I think that motor stock is 180lbs, if not maybe when its hot off the track it'll be under?
Back to top Go down
WOOD_21
Rookie
Rookie
WOOD_21

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 6:42 pm

just put a thicker head gasket on it it should bring the comp. down
Back to top Go down
THE PUMPKIN
Crew
Crew
THE PUMPKIN

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 8:45 pm

Put the stock cams back in it Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building new cars??   Building new cars?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Building new cars??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next