Bakersfield Speedway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bakersfield Speedway

The West's Fastest 1/3 Mile High Banked Clay Oval

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hobby vs American

Go down 
+8
Dylan
johnsonmotorsports99
FISHOUTTAWATER
XIV
WOOD_21
AaronStewart
kaleibbowen09
romans81racing
12 posters
AuthorMessage
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyTue May 19, 2009 12:32 pm

What is the difference between these two classes? Why is the hobby stock class so big in comparison?
Back to top Go down
kaleibbowen09
Crew
Crew
kaleibbowen09

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyTue May 19, 2009 1:49 pm

roman. well we can have bigger cams than u guys can. the weight difference is bout the same. i mean i dont know wat u all can do to ur motor but we just put a little bigger everything in ours. but i rerally dont think that there is a difference.
Back to top Go down
kaleibbowen09
Crew
Crew
kaleibbowen09

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyTue May 19, 2009 1:50 pm

but the main man u need to ask is arron. cuz he would know alot more .
Back to top Go down
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin
AaronStewart

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyTue May 19, 2009 2:30 pm

I know scoring stuff, not division rules-- there are lots of officials around here that can answer that-- I am sure once Jimmy or one of the Johnsons see this topic they will be able to give you a more than satisfactory answer.
Back to top Go down
https://bakersfieldspeedway.forumotion.com
WOOD_21
Rookie
Rookie
WOOD_21

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyTue May 19, 2009 3:50 pm

the difference in the motors is the cam and intake rules are different but everything else is the same u can run the same parts as a hobby stock motor can just the cam is a bigger lift and the intake has to be stock on a american and the hobby can run torker II and other but thats all i know about them lol
Back to top Go down
XIV
Crew
Crew
XIV

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyTue May 19, 2009 4:27 pm

front and rear bars, quick steer, locked rearends these are things hobbys can have that americans cant
Back to top Go down
FISHOUTTAWATER
Rookie
Rookie

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyTue May 19, 2009 4:41 pm

the cage can be set back in hobbies u can have lead were the americans cant u can run different size tires and different offset wheels in hobbys can have beadlock with 25 psi with a mud plug to were americans have to run the same size all the way around the car and a 30 psi in all four tires at all times
Back to top Go down
johnsonmotorsports99
Veteran
Veteran
johnsonmotorsports99

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyTue May 19, 2009 6:17 pm

differences between hobby stock and american stock.........

hobby stock 108" wheel base american stocks 112" wheel base
hobby stocks add lead and have weight rule americans have no head and no weight rule
hobby stocks have front and rear bars and americans can only replace the front core support
hobby stocks have a 465 lift cam and americans stocks run 410 lift cam
hobby stocks run torkerII intake americans run stock intakes
hobby stocks run different size tires americans run all 4 the same size tires
hobby stocks run offset wheels and spacers americans must run all the same wheels with no spacers
hobby stocks run different size tires americans cant
hobby stocks run different air pressures americans have to maintain min. 30 psi in all 4 tires
hobby can run a lucked rearend american stocks cant
hobby stock can run a ford 9" rear end american stocks must run stock for make and model
hobby stocks can completely gut there cars amercians ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO(BUT THEY DO)
hobby stocks can have a quick steer americans cant
hobby stocks can run a after market distributor americans must have stock replacement
hobby stocks can run nova's and camero's and americans cant
hobby stocks get 30+ cars a night american stocks cant

oh CHIT i got off the rules subject lol i think thats all for now lol
Back to top Go down
FISHOUTTAWATER
Rookie
Rookie

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyTue May 19, 2009 6:25 pm

LMAO kevin ur wrong and hey call me i have a question
Back to top Go down
johnsonmotorsports99
Veteran
Veteran
johnsonmotorsports99

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyTue May 19, 2009 6:26 pm

Littleshoe72 wrote:
LMAO kevin ur wrong and hey call me i have a question

i dont have a phone it went swimming with me last weekend at the lake lol. and probaby dont have an answer lol
Back to top Go down
kaleibbowen09
Crew
Crew
kaleibbowen09

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyTue May 19, 2009 10:29 pm

i beat u are bored as hell. u cant talk to any of ur girly friends. that sucks.
Back to top Go down
johnsonmotorsports99
Veteran
Veteran
johnsonmotorsports99

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyTue May 19, 2009 11:00 pm

kaleibbowen09 wrote:
i beat u are bored as hell. u cant talk to any of ur girly friends. that sucks.

naw i got ways to get a hold of them to get them over
Back to top Go down
Dylan
Crew
Crew
Dylan

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyWed May 20, 2009 3:11 am

them?? you mean one... well as of now anyways lol
Back to top Go down
johnsonmotorsports22
Spectator
Spectator

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyWed May 20, 2009 11:28 am

Dylan wrote:
them?? you mean one... well as of now anyways lol

lol yeah but its a pretty damn good one.
Back to top Go down
Dylan
Crew
Crew
Dylan

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyWed May 20, 2009 2:18 pm

lol ill give you that one
Back to top Go down
Chad11
Crew
Crew

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyWed May 20, 2009 2:27 pm

I think the hobby class is bigger in comparison because they are more of a "race car." Where as american stock are more of a "stock" car. I think people like being able to set up the car in hobbies, they are probably a little easier to drive because of this. Hobbies are easier to work on also because the bodies are gutted out. No getting out the porta-power to fix a dent in the rear quarter panel.
Back to top Go down
johnsonmotorsports99
Veteran
Veteran
johnsonmotorsports99

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyWed May 20, 2009 4:11 pm

Dylan wrote:
lol ill give you that one

yeah i didnt think youd argue.. haha you havent seen her in the bikini or bra and panties....mmmmmmmm just imagine when you saw her with a lot less close. lol damn it beautiful hahahahahaha....

maybe ill take some pics of her in some good attire and post in the babe of the day section
Back to top Go down
johnsonmotorsports99
Veteran
Veteran
johnsonmotorsports99

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyWed May 20, 2009 4:17 pm

Chad11 wrote:
I think the hobby class is bigger in comparison because they are more of a "race car." Where as american stock are more of a "stock" car. I think people like being able to set up the car in hobbies, they are probably a little easier to drive because of this. Hobbies are easier to work on also because the bodies are gutted out. No getting out the porta-power to fix a dent in the rear quarter panel.

chad is totally right here. our bodies we can unbolt/pop rivet the whole entire thing and have it off in 15 minutes. hammer and put it back on. its nice. the quick steer helps keep the car in better control for the driver. and sever other things. but a good driver can usually drive anything there given. easier is always better though
Back to top Go down
GHOST
Crew
Crew
GHOST

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyThu May 21, 2009 12:11 am

Maybe its time to hear what seperates the Hobby's of today versus the Street Stocks of the 90's early 2000's? Hobby Stocks used to be American stocks years ago and same with the Hobbies are now the old Streets and Super Stocks are the old Late Models just with very little changes gradually over the years. Things just progressed along from what I have watched and rules have been bent and modified year by year. Hobbies have some new ones this year with the floaters and compression change, those were the big ones I saw that changed. Just a thought on this topic.-Ghost

Last edited by GHOST on Thu May 21, 2009 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cause)
Back to top Go down
Chad11
Crew
Crew

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyThu May 21, 2009 8:33 pm

Hobbies were never like the americans today. Hobbies always had locked rearends and 108" wheel base and ability to change tire sizes and wheel offsets as well as adding lead.
Hobbies today are almost identicle to the modified streets in Bako during the 90's. The only difference is in the 90's they ran the McCreary tires and now they are on street tires. Modified streets were allowed headers back then too and hobbies run cast iron exhaust manifolds. I think though, if the two were in a race against eachother today, the hobby stock would win.
Back to top Go down
GHOST
Crew
Crew
GHOST

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptySat May 23, 2009 3:17 am

Chad11 wrote:
Hobbies were never like the americans today. Hobbies always had locked rearends and 108" wheel base and ability to change tire sizes and wheel offsets as well as adding lead.
Hobbies today are almost identicle to the modified streets in Bako during the 90's. The only difference is in the 90's they ran the McCreary tires and now they are on street tires. Modified streets were allowed headers back then too and hobbies run cast iron exhaust manifolds. I think though, if the two were in a race against eachother today, the hobby stock would win.

I concur that a today hobby would win against a 90s super street. The amount of money and tech that has been put into the hobbies is quite incredible in comparison with the 90s figures. I love hearing the stories of getting SS chevelles, novas, and 70-72 monte carlos fo free and just taking the skins off and rolling the rest across the scrap scales because the bodies had to be stock. Getting hard pressed to even see a car with stock skins out there anymore. Last I checked the fast cars have the hood, roof, and trunk lids left that are uh kinda stock (paper thin). Eh its a time that will never come again. Long live cubic dollars at the speedway.-Ghost
Back to top Go down
fuktupmotorsports
Veteran
Veteran
fuktupmotorsports

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:50 pm

I COULDNT AGREE WITH U MORE GHOST, I MEMBER WHEN I WAS YOUNGER AND GOING OUT TO THE TRACK AND WATCHING IN THE 90'S MOST OF THE HOBBYS BACK THEN WERE LIKE THE AMERICAN STOCKS TODAY. NOW THE HOBBIES HAVE BECOME THE STREET'S OF YESTERDAY WITH A TWIST. IF U LOOK AT THE BODIES THE LATES USED TO RUN BACK IN THE EARLY 90'S THEY ARE SIMILAR TO THE BODIES OF THE STREETS NOW DAYS..... ALSO OFF TOPIC WHAT HAPPEND TO THE GOOD PROGRAMS U USED TO GET IN THE EARLY 90'S. MAN SHOWING THE TOP DRIVERS. THINK WE NEED TO GO BACK TO THOSE DAYS AND GET BACK TO THE FUNDAMENTAL'S OF RACING.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hobby vs American Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby vs American   Hobby vs American Empty

Back to top Go down

Hobby vs American
Page 1 of 1