Bakersfield Speedway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bakersfield Speedway

The West's Fastest 1/3 Mile High Banked Clay Oval

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SMS mini national

Go down 
+3
Mini Stock Momma
dojo
Minigura27
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Minigura27
Crew
Crew

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: SMS mini national   SMS mini national EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:44 am

Hi everybody Mike Weigel here.Just wondering how many of you mini racers are coming to sms on Oct 10 to run the mini national this year?
Back to top Go down
dojo
Veteran
Veteran

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMS mini national   SMS mini national EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 4:12 pm

Tell us more about it. Give us info.
Back to top Go down
Minigura27
Crew
Crew

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: sms mini nationals   SMS mini national EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:21 pm

Minigura27 wrote:
Hi everybody Mike Weigel here.Just wondering how many of you mini racers are coming to sms on Oct 10 to run the mini national this year?
It is a 30 lap $500 to win race. With the fwd and rwd having thier own heat races. no mixing until the B main then fwd and rwd are combined top two from each tag the rear of the main.there are lots of bonuses going also.Rules are pretty basic.180 comp.7inch wheel and tire.No headers or rotarys,mid engines or vw. You may run a 350cfm carb if it is allowed at your home track.No Hoosiers,goodyear,american racers must be dot tread. I will be in bako on the 22 of aug with flyers and rules. Big bbq afterwards sms style lots of fun and good food.We will watch the race that night afterwards. So please come and have a good time.Thank you Mike Weigel. On a lighter note ask Mike Pilati about the after race bbq he was the race winner.And Michell Smith they both stayed for the after party.
Back to top Go down
Mini Stock Momma
Spectator
Spectator

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMS mini national   SMS mini national EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 1:03 am

Is there a weight limit or any other specs we need to know to run the race? Ive never raced it before and would like to!!
Back to top Go down
RACEGIRL29
Spectator
Spectator

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMS mini national   SMS mini national EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:15 pm

As long as work dosent get in the way we will be there!! I cant wait to finally race there!!!
Back to top Go down
Minigura27
Crew
Crew

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: sms mini national   SMS mini national EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 6:16 pm

The weight rule is 2200 pound minimum or pound per cc.everything else is based on home track rules.With some small modifications by me. And Tina it would be great to have you race here this year.So come on over this year and race with some good people and have a great time.If you have any questions feel free to call me at 805-757-0291 I will answer any questions you might have. thank you Mike Weigel.
Back to top Go down
RACEGIRL29
Spectator
Spectator

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMS mini national   SMS mini national EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 6:34 pm

Will you guys ever have any other races we might be able to attend in the near future???
Back to top Go down
Minigura27
Crew
Crew

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: sms mini nationals   SMS mini national EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 1:57 am

Tina, Im hoping so for next year maybe? I have to talk with C.K and hopefully we can work out the details. Kinda like they did with the hobbys this year keep your fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
RACEGIRL29
Spectator
Spectator

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMS mini national   SMS mini national EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:31 pm

Sweet sounds good let us know!! Thanks!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fuktupmotorsports
Veteran
Veteran
fuktupmotorsports

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMS mini national   SMS mini national EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:17 pm

wow fwd at sms this is different thought fwd wernt allowed at sms. lol
Back to top Go down
Minigura27
Crew
Crew

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: SMS mini national   SMS mini national EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 9:00 pm

Yes it is pretty cool that they can come run with us.It is the second year they can. Im talking with CK and the rules should be the same for this year.Maybe we can go the full main event this year 30-40 laps still working on that will let you know.So stay tuned for further updates. thanks Mike Weigel SMS ms27.
Back to top Go down
pilatt4
Crew
Crew
pilatt4

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMS mini national   SMS mini national EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:30 pm

Yah, We should run all the laps this year.. I saw the guys at LMR saying the woulda won with more laps.. I'll try to be there, dependent on work. I had a great time.. SMS had a pit snack bar that Bakersfield Couldnt even touch. And the BBQ afterward was a nice touch to end the night. See ya there!

Mike Pilatti
Back to top Go down
newman101
Rookie
Rookie

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMS mini national   SMS mini national EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:43 pm

if thats all your thinking about is food in the pits, why should you be racing scratch
Back to top Go down
pilatt4
Crew
Crew
pilatt4

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMS mini national   SMS mini national EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:20 am

newman101 wrote:
if thats all your thinking about is food in the pits, why should you be racing scratch

I was replying about race only going 14 out of 30 laps.. You didn't know this because you were not there. I was. And I took home the 500 dollars that night.. Maybe that is why I should be racing. I race when I get a chance. I race because I love the experience, the people, spending time with my grandpa, the feeling of making a pass you finally get after chasing someone for 10 laps. If a snack bar serves a sausage with a real casing for a fair price its worth mentioning. KMA
Back to top Go down
newman101
Rookie
Rookie

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMS mini national   SMS mini national EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:30 am

well played
Back to top Go down
Minigura27
Crew
Crew

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: SMS mini national   SMS mini national EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:34 am

Thanks Mike P for the great comments.We will go the full distance this year no matter what.I had a great time meeting all of you hope you will be here to defend youre title.As for this year its pretty much the same as last year.I will be running the show again nobody crazy enough to do it LOL but ill have it no other way.So be ready for OCT 10 should be great night of racing. Thank you Mike Weigel.
Back to top Go down
dojo
Veteran
Veteran

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMS mini national   SMS mini national EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 8:27 pm

What time does the race start on Oct 11?? What time does pits open??
Back to top Go down
Minigura27
Crew
Crew

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: SMS mini nationals   SMS mini national EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 1:49 pm

Here we go the date was changed to Oct 17.To try and be more racer friendly. The rules are the same as last year.So youre rules will be ok to run here for the night.I think the pit gate opens at 2:00pm to start letting everyone in.RULES will be posted on LMR for further clarification.THANK YOU Mike Weigel MS 27 Racing starts at 6:00pm.
Back to top Go down
pilatt4
Crew
Crew
pilatt4

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMS mini national   SMS mini national EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:47 pm

Hey Mike,

Great show you put on out there and I think everyone had a great time. And your after race BBQ was awesome.. Kudos to the lady cooking the Tri-tips, truly delicious. I don't we got back to our Motel till around 2:30am. Had a great time, hope to see you next time.

mike pilatti
Back to top Go down
Minigura27
Crew
Crew

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: sms national   SMS mini national EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:17 pm

This past saturday the sms guys met up with some pretty fast bako guys and gals for 50 laps of main event.I would have to say it was a darn good race. Had a rwd lead for awhile then a fwd led the rest of the way with a rwd BMW right behind him.The racing was pretty clean for the most part i was really impressed with how well it went.We tried texas restarts and at one point a single file restart I being the guy that had to make this happen was very happy and got the support from all the minis that came over i really appreciate it and lets do it again next year and try to have 50 cars here to make bigger and better. I have to a big thank you to all that came over and made this a huge success so thank you very much and we will see next year. Mike Weigel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SMS mini national Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMS mini national   SMS mini national Empty

Back to top Go down

SMS mini national
Page 1 of 1