Bakersfield Speedway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bakersfield Speedway

The West's Fastest 1/3 Mile High Banked Clay Oval

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CHEATERS!!!

Go down 
+18
woodracing35
Hakeeb
fuktupmotorsports
JB4
THE BOSS
Racing96Fan
GHOST
pilatt4
WOOD_21
PMS RACING
romans81racing
lewis 541
Wally Stewart
Chad11
dojo
johnsonmotorsports99
AaronStewart
newman101
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
newman101
Rookie
Rookie

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptySun May 10, 2009 1:23 pm

Man them mini stocks are a bunch of cheaters. There aint no way those things are stock! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin
AaronStewart

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptySun May 10, 2009 7:18 pm

I ran a second faster in my Nissan a few years ago and I assure you it was legal, so I'll believe that a majority of these are legal.
Back to top Go down
https://bakersfieldspeedway.forumotion.com
johnsonmotorsports99
Veteran
Veteran
johnsonmotorsports99

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptySun May 10, 2009 7:56 pm

AaronStewart wrote:
I ran a second faster in my Nissan a few years ago and I assure you it was legal, so I'll believe that a majority of these are legal.

the track is different. i assure you these guys r faster than your nissan-
Back to top Go down
dojo
Veteran
Veteran

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptySun May 10, 2009 10:32 pm

You said you ran a second faster?? So what are the mini's running now and what did you run a couple years ago?? As far as cheating, they all go thru tech, they all seem to pass, just some good ol driving going on in that class for some young people and new racers.
Back to top Go down
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin
AaronStewart

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptySun May 10, 2009 10:35 pm

Yeah, the only DQ's have been due to weight-- and I don't really think people should be judged for that.

In 2007 I think our average for good times (obviously the track wasnt always going to turn out good times) was about a mid 17. 17.5ish. This year the few cars I've taken the time to clock (21g, 99j) have been running high 18s.
Back to top Go down
newman101
Rookie
Rookie

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptySun May 10, 2009 10:49 pm

when did you clock those cars? was the track good?
Back to top Go down
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin
AaronStewart

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptySun May 10, 2009 11:10 pm

it looked good from the tower but it is much harder to tell from up there as opposed to down on the track.
Back to top Go down
dojo
Veteran
Veteran

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptySun May 10, 2009 11:31 pm

You need to pull that ol Nissan out of Moth balls and wash the spider webs off and win you a couple of Main events. It sounds fast. Very Happy Maybe you got something for that #4 car, he sure is fast!!
Back to top Go down
newman101
Rookie
Rookie

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptySun May 10, 2009 11:40 pm

ya bring that car out man maybe that 4 car will have some competition!
Back to top Go down
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin
AaronStewart

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptySun May 10, 2009 11:46 pm

I blew the engine the last time I ran it and I havnt put my new engine in it-- I'm actually a little afraid of putting in the new engine, showing up without it getting tested, and it turning out to be a turd and embarrassing myself. Wink
Back to top Go down
Chad11
Crew
Crew

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:04 am

AaronStewart wrote:
I'm actually a little afraid of putting in the new engine, showing up without it getting tested, and it turning out to be a turd and embarrassing myself. Wink

Don't you do that in the hobby stock every week? j/k Aaron I had to do it lol.
Back to top Go down
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin
AaronStewart

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:38 am

Yeah but this car was never good.

The Nissan has proven itself time and again.
Back to top Go down
Wally Stewart
Crew
Crew

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 12:25 pm

Chad still can't get car figured out, Aaron is victim of bad car prep ignorant crew (me) still working on it. Put in new cam/liffters think it has to be gear don't know. Wally
Back to top Go down
lewis 541
Spectator
Spectator

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 4:39 pm

i think that they should just let the top ten in the mini stock qualify just to see what everybody would run i think it would be cool for all the young drivers out their to make them feel like they are just like eveybody else that gets to qualify. because from the looks of the points all the top ten cars in points look very equal. but hey im just a spectator but it would be cool if the mini could do that they would hang it out!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
newman101
Rookie
Rookie

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 7:49 pm

YA QUALIFYING WOULD BE PRETTY COOL. BUT THEN YOU HAVE TO PUT UP WITH ALL THE PEOPLE THAT DONT WANT TO QUALIFY. THAT WOULD BE COOL TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE OTHER THAN THE BIGGER CARS QUALIFYING. Smile
Back to top Go down
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:51 pm

I haven't raced at Bakersfield in 2 years. I was sadly disappointed with the "technological innovations" that were allowed in the cars. Anyone that is going fast has modofied the computers. Most of the stock computers do not allow the high RPM's that are being turned. Most of the fast cars have shaved the heads down. The JDM motors that crank 20 more horsepower than you can buy in the US are a little obnoxious if you ask me. When they allowed the front wheel cars to lock the differentials the rear wheel drives got shoved to other tracks. Modifications allowed at other tracks in the rear wheels are now running at Bakersfield.
To run fast at Bakersfield, you need. Locked front end. Toed out front wheel drive. A modified computer, A JDM engine, Aluminum radiator, Strengthened suspension (usually through roll cage bars) great shocks and a bunch of back-up stuff. you will break axles, suspensions and engines.

The last time I watched the races at Bakersfield, I watched a great race. Miranda Dotson got DQ'd for putting the 6 out of Ventura in the fence. It was obvious to me that that car was not legal. However, I saw a lot of cars that I could play with. For me racing has to be on a budget. I can't afford the things that make the cars fast, nor do I think they are legal. However, if that is what is allowed to run that is what you better have brung.

good luck and run with who you can.
Back to top Go down
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin
AaronStewart

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 11:11 pm

4f, not 6. That car may or may not have been legal-- while it was certainly fast, watching him work traffic showed that (if his car wasnt legal) if he were in a legal car, he would do just as well-- James Brown is no spring chicken, he has been racing for a long time-- Bakersfield Speedway mini stock winner in 2005-- in a RWD pinto.
Back to top Go down
lewis 541
Spectator
Spectator

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptyTue May 12, 2009 12:43 am

thats right i agree. the guy from ventura could drive very well great driver, he had a good setup it looked like and you could tell that he has been driving for a long time by the way got thru traffic, but i tip my hat to him for coming down here and running its great for the track. what do yall think of him when he was in the dash??????? that was a good race to me?? anyone else?
Back to top Go down
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptyTue May 12, 2009 11:16 am

aaron would the speedway allow my 96 neon to run a race or two?
Back to top Go down
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin
AaronStewart

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptyTue May 12, 2009 11:30 am

you're askin the wrong person on that one-- but there are a lot of officials on here-- you might PM Jimmy or Ivan-- what year is it?
Back to top Go down
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptyTue May 12, 2009 12:23 pm

96, single cam, bone stock. I could run at ventura or Victorville I think, but from what I saw last time I was there most of the field wasn't running the fast cars that I had seen before.
Back to top Go down
AaronStewart
Admin
Admin
AaronStewart

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptyTue May 12, 2009 12:37 pm

too new. Bako is 94 or older
Back to top Go down
PMS RACING
Veteran
Veteran
PMS RACING

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptyTue May 12, 2009 4:01 pm

If there shaving the heads wouldn't that run the compression up?.... and wouldn't running the rev limiter up on the computers blow engines?.......... just asking

romans81racing wrote:

To run fast at Bakersfield, you need. Locked front end. Toed out front wheel drive. A modified computer, A JDM engine, Aluminum radiator, Strengthened suspension (usually through roll cage bars) great shocks and a bunch of back-up stuff. you will break axles, suspensions and engines.
Back to top Go down
http://altecauto.com
newman101
Rookie
Rookie

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptyTue May 12, 2009 11:42 pm

ya theat purple 4 car was fast that one week. i thought in the dash that 23d car put a stupid move on him there was no way that he could pass him. what do you guys think it looked a little dirty
Back to top Go down
romans81racing
Rookie
Rookie

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:16 am

when was the last time you heard compression being checked on a mini stock?
Most of the engines can handle a higher than stock RPM for a time. The first year that they started doing that a lot of engines were blown. However, with experience comes the knowledge of just how far these motors can be pushed. There are a lot of computer savvy people out their now. There also some computers that have a higher RPM limiter already. Interestingly enough you can swap heads and gain power. Some bottom ends of honda engines work better with different heads off of other motors. Really the only way to know if someone is "cheating" is to put the car on a dyno. Bakersfield has a wt to horsepower rule, but that sure has to be tough to enforce. It has been an honor system from my perspective.
Also someone talked about set-ups, I'm not very good at this concept, But aren't the shocks, suspensions and tires supposed to be stock. How do you make a set-up with that. Aren't you left with tire pressure and toe in or out?
I'm just saying if I wanted to win at Bakersfield, I would have to change my own metality about what I consider stock. I would talk to guys that have won before and ask what they are doing or what they did.
Bakersfield has a good mini stock program. Car count is good, competition is good and drivers can find someone at their level throughout the field.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CHEATERS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHEATERS!!!   CHEATERS!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

CHEATERS!!!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bakersfield Speedway :: Division Specific :: AIRCO Mini Stocks-
Jump to: